Served an average of 2,243 clients per month Clothed 2,340 clients Provided 15,155 meals
COFFEE & CONVERSATION
Attend our informal monthly gathering to learn more about our client services and collaborative partnerships. You will tour our facility and meet our dedicated co-workers and volunteers. Then you will hear about how STH assists clients in regaining independence and self-sustainability.
We design your visit around our service hours, while we are open to the community, so you can catch a glimpse into the inner workings of our ministry.
The next Coffee and Conversation event will take place on
Tuesday, May 19 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Tuesday, May 19 9am-11am
Thursday, June 18 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, July 21 9am-11am
Thursday, August 20 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, September 15 9am-11am
Thursday, October 15 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, November 17 9am-11am
Thursday, December 17 1pm-3pm
CLICK HERE for more information or to register for an upcoming Coffee and Conversation.
- Canned Vegetables (quantities of 12 or more per type, please)
HYGIENE/PERSONAL ITEMS/PAPER/HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
Toilet Paper - HELP! We're out!THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!
- Maxi Pads (HEAVY DUTY)/Panty Liners We're out!
- Lotion We're out!
- Deodorant We're out!
- Shampoo We're out!
- Conditioner We're out!
- Body Wash We're out!
We need summer clothes, sizes 18 and up (2-6X) only.
We have more than enough of the other sizes at the moment and no space.
- Bags for Pantry Clients Groceries/Plastic Bags
- Full Size Comforters
- Queen Size Fitted Sheets
- Dish Soap
- Bathroom Cleaner
- Shower Curtains
- Shower Rods
- Mattress Pads
- Hand Sanitizer
- Beds (Twin/Full/Queen mattress/box springs with frame)
- Dressers (bedroom)
- Pickup Truck/Work Van
- Melting Salt for Parking Lot
For a complete needs list and current donation hours please call Sojourner Truth House at (219) 885-2282.Read More
Thanks so much for considering our needs and the needs of our clients.
1) We believe that our clients deserve a decent start in life as they reclaim their independence. So, the same criteria we have for donated clothing holds for furniture and household items.
If you would not give the items you want to donate to your relatives, please do not expect us to take them.
Unfortunately, we do not have time to repair or clean items which do not meet our standards.
2) We take the following new or gently used furniture donations: twin, full and queen beds, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, living room chairs and sofas, storage cabinets, gas stoves, washers and/or dryers. We can only accept WORKING flatscreen TV’s.
Thank you for your help and understanding.
ATTENTION, FRIEND OF STH!!!
Your generosity overwhelms us and space has become a precious commodity! Therefore, we can no longer take donations on Mondays starting MARCH 1, 2020. We will continue accepting donations Tuesdays through Fridays from 8 am to 3 pm.
To become more efficient and steward your gifts better, we are asking our faithful donors to consider hosting a collection throughout the year to spread the wealth. It is simply impossible to handle all the wonderful donations during the holiday season, and our community relies on us all year. If your organization would be willing to schedule a collection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 219-885-2282 with months that would work for you.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!
20TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO