Served an average of 2,243 clients per month Clothed 2,340 clients Provided 15,155 meals
- Toilet paper (preferably individually-wrapped rolls)
- Bar soap
- Bulk canned goods (vegetables, fruits, meats)
- All-purpose cleaners & disinfectants
- Bathroom cleaners
- Kitchen sponges
- Liquid hand soap & hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Mops & mop buckets
- Brooms & dustpans
- Baking pans & cookie sheets
- Bowls (soup, cereal)
- Bed sheet sets (Queen size)
- Mattress pads (Queen and Full size)
- Shower curtains & hooks
- Waste baskets & trash cans
- Can openers
- Toaster Oven
- Irons & ironing boards
Furniture (good working order, new or gently-used)
- Dining sets (for 2-6 people)
- Coffee tables
- End tables
- Floor & table lamps
- Bagless vacuums
- Refrigerator & Freezer (apartment size)
- Stove (apartment size)
Back-to-School Supplies (by July 17 th )
- Ink pens (blue, black, red)
- Colored pencils
- Index cards
- Glue & glue sticks
- 2-pocket folders (solid colors)
- Notebooks (1-subject)
- Composition books
- Calculators (simple and scientific)
Our temporary donation acceptance hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11a-1p, or by calling 219-885-2282 to schedule an appointment.… Read More
ATTENTION, FRIENDS OF STH!!!
Food, personal and household donations can be dropped off by appointment on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 11 am and 1 pm (to avoid the drive thru pantry traffic). Clothing donations MAY start up again in August depending on what is going on with the COVID-19 crisis.
Keep an eye on this space.
Thanks for your patience!!! Be safe!
1) We believe that our clients deserve a decent start in life as they reclaim their independence. So, the same criteria we have for donated clothing holds for furniture and household items.
If you would not give the items you want to donate to your relatives, please do not expect us to take them.
Unfortunately, we do not have time to repair or clean items which do not meet our standards.
2) We take the following new or gently used furniture donations: twin, full and queen beds, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, living room chairs and sofas, storage cabinets, gas stoves, washers and/or dryers. We can only accept WORKING flatscreen TV’s.
Thank you for your help and understanding.
COFFEE & CONVERSATION
Attend our informal monthly gathering to learn more about our client services and collaborative partnerships. You will tour our facility and meet our dedicated co-workers and volunteers. Then you will hear about how STH assists clients in regaining independence and self-sustainability.
We design your visit around our service hours, while we are open to the community, so you can catch a glimpse into the inner workings of our ministry.
The next Coffee and Conversation event will take place on
Tuesday, July 21 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Thursday, August 20 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, September 15 9am-11am
Thursday, October 15 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, November 17 9am-11am
Thursday, December 17 1pm-3pm
CLICK HERE for more information or to register for an upcoming Coffee and Conversation.
20TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO