Served an average of 2,162 clients per month Clothed 2,286 clients Provided 11,462 meals
- Canned Vegetables (quantities of 12 or more per type, please)
HYGIENE/PERSONAL ITEMS/PAPER/HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
- Adult Toothbrushes/Toothpaste/Dental Floss
- Body Lotion (men's/women's; small/large size)
- Body Wash (small/large size; men's/women's)
- Deodorant (men's/women's)
- Disposable Razors
- Maxi Pads (all sizes)/Panty Liners
- Medical (Multivitamins, Peroxide, Muscle Pain/Muscle Ointment and/or Patches) (URGENT NEEDS)
- Mouthwash (small/large size)
- Shave Cream
- Toilet Tissue
- Women's gently used clothing, includes tops, bottoms, suits, and dresses.
- Undergarments Size 5-12 (URGENT NEEDS)
- Seasonal: Prom/Formal Wear, Spring/Summer
- Men’s Suits and Accessories (Shirts/Ties/Shoes/Belts) (URGENT NEEDS)
- Bags for Pantry Clients Groceries (URGENT NEEDS)
- Bedding (Queen/Full Sizes) (URGENT NEEDS)
- Can Openers
- Clock Radios
- Fabric Softener
- Food Storage Containers (URGENT NEEDS)
- Irons/Ironing Boards
- Microwave Ovens
- Beds (Twin/Full/Queen mattress/box springs with frame)
- Chairs (living room)
- Dressers (bedroom) (URGENT NEEDS)
- End Tables (living room)
- Kitchen Tables/Chairs
- Lamps (small)
- Night Stands (bedroom)
- Televisions (good working order; flat screen only)
For a complete needs list and current donation hours please call Sojourner Truth House at (219) 885-2282.Read More
COFFEE & CONVERSATION
Attend our informal monthly gathering to learn more about our client services and collaborative partnerships. You will tour our facility and meet our dedicated co-workers and volunteers. Then you will hear about how STH assists clients in regaining independence and self-sustainability.
We design your visit around our service hours, while we are open to the community, so you can catch a glimpse into the inner workings of our ministry.
The next Coffee and Conversation event will take place on Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
Thursday, August 16, 2018 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, September 29, 2018 9am-11am
Thursday, October 18, 2018 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9am-11am
Thursday, December 13, 2018 1pm-3pm
CLICK HERE for more information or to register for an upcoming Coffee and Conversation.…
1) We believe that our clients deserve a decent start in life as they reclaim their independence. So, the same criteria we have for donated clothing holds for furniture and household items.
If you would not give the items you want to donate to your relatives, please do not expect us to take them.
Unfortunately, we do not have time to repair or clean items which do not meet our standards.
2) We take the following new or gently used furniture donations: twin, full and queen beds, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, living room chairs and sofas, storage cabinets, gas stoves, washers and/or dryers. We can only accept WORKING flatscreen TV’s.
Thank you for your help and understanding.
20TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO